Sunday, April 26, 2009

iPhone Love



After many months of hemming and hawing, I finally made the decision to switch over to AT&T and get an iPhone. I was hesitant to leave T-Mobile because of the Five Faves Plan that they offer. It helps in that I don't ever need to worry about Mikayla using up too many minutes.

I thought about jailbreaking an iPhone to use on the T-Mobile network, but with my luck, I'd probably be in that small minority of people who end up bricking their phone somehow. So, I bid adieu to T-Mobile and moved in with AT&T!

I have NO REGRETS. I absolutely HEART my iPhone, and it's one of my most FAVORITE things! I am so impressed with all the things it can do! I love, love, LOVE the endless options the applications provide. Many are free or only 99 cents.

Of course, I LOVE the convenience of accessing the internet from anywhere. Sure, this can be done with other PDA type phones (I used to have a T-Mobile Dash at one time), but the iPhone just BLOWS all other phones out of the water. At least, I think so!

The graphics are clear and vivid. Although the connection isn't as quick as my DSL, I am still very pleased with the online browing experience with the iPhone. I should add here that I'm somewhat of a computer geek. I love surfing the net, and I also love little gadgets!

I did have an mp3 player before, but the music subscription service I was using was kind of a pain in the ass. I am now back with iTunes and I LOVE that my phone doubles as my music player! Now, when I go jogging, I don't have to worry about carrying an mp3 player AND a phone.

I do have a few games on my phone. They include : Bejeweled 2, Bubble Town, Sneezies, Super Market Mania, Tap Tap Revenge 2 and de Blob, to name a few. I'll admit that I actually play some of them when I'm laying in bed, winding down or, when I'm waiting somewhere.

Some of the fun applications I recommend to friends are:

Shazam: hold it up to the radio and it will identify the name and artist of the song

Urbanspoon: finds restaurants in your neighborhood based on preferred cuisine and price range

OneTap Movies: looks up movie listings at your neighborhood movie theater and allows you to see previews

I also have a bunch of fitness apps as well as a Bible app on my iPhone. Basically, my phone is now like a little computer that I can throw in my purse. I love downloading podcasts using my iPhone and listening to them in my car on the way to and from work.

There are other options like downloading movies and audio books, etc... If you have an iTouch, you can do these things too, but I don't need to worry about buying one of those since my iPhone does all of that!!!

If you are thinking about jumping on the iPhone bandwagon, STOP THINKING about it and JUST DO IT !!! You will not regret it !

I really cannot stress how impressed I am with this product. And, no -- I won't work for Apple or AT&T. ~LOL~ In all honesty, if you're not into computers and gadgets, this phone may not be for you. But, if you like the idea of having a phone do many different things for you, then definitely consider this one!

1 comment:

Rozette said...

Welcome to the IPhone world!! I got mine in January and I am so inlove with it.