Sunday, April 26, 2009

Show Your Love Swap Items

Here are some boy-themed items I created for my swap pal, Alaina. I have a daughter, so I don't ever scrap boy pages. Also, I'm a real girly-girl, so boy-themed stuff just don't do it for me. Sure, they can be cute and all, but I just don't get as excited about them as I do with girl-themed items.

With this swap, we sent our own cardstock, pp and embellies to the partner assigned to us. That person then created items using all the materials we sent. Alaina sent me some cute stuff from the Making Memories Animal Crackers line along with some other boy-themed embellies.

Despite my uneasiness creating pieces for boy layouts, I found that this was one of my most favorite swaps! I liked that I had to work outside of my comfort zone. I'm always looking to expand myself creatively, and this was one way I was able to do that. I also really enjoyed the challenge of making each piece unique. I made matted photo boxes, inchie-type tags, regular tags, journaling spots, title toppers and embellished circles.

I created about 15 different pieces total. Here are just some of them. I apologize for the bad pics. It was nighttime and I used a flash. For whatever reason, I had chosen not to wait until the next morning to take the pics in better lighting. The one on the top left, with the alien, has white Thickers on it, but the flash washed it out.

In any event, I was really glad when Alaina said she loved everything! This is definitely a swap I would look forward to doing again in the future.


No comments: