Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Monday Happenings

I started the day off with a set of fifty pushups and was pleased to find myself getting through the set pretty easily. I think I stopped around 30, paused for about ten seconds and then continued. It felt good to knock out my first set before I even started my day ! I completed my second set this evening, after dinner.

My arms and triceps still hurt today but not as much as they did yesterday. I am finding that my core also aches a bit too, but I take that as a good sign. No pain, no gain, right?

I have decided not to up my pushups to 150 per day because I just really want to play it safe and not push myself too hard. I did actually throw another set of 10 in after the second set of 50 only because I felt I could have done better in the way I executed the pushups. So, I sort of punished myself by making myself do an extra ten!

Today, I tried to get caught up on tons of paperwork, but I feel like I made only a tiny dent in my workload today!!! This evening, T text messaged me and we talked for a short while on Yahoo. To add to my stress, I found out that he is coming home a little earlier than expected!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! I am very anxious and happy, but this puts a little more pressure on me to make sure the house is in order so he can relax when he comes home.

I made a list of all the things I want to take care of before his arrival date. GAHHH!!! Yet ANOTHER list of things to get through, but they are things that I planned to get done eventually. I just feel a little more pressure to get them done NOW!!!

This evening, I tried to take some pictures out in the complex park so I could get a POTD pic and also fiddle with different aperture settings. I ended up frustrated yet again because the shutter was staying open too long. I think it was just too dark already by the time I went outside. I didn't think to adjust my ISO until Mikayla and I came back home and I jumped on the photography board to read up on more info. This may have helped. I'm not sure. I'm going to stick with it and practice more though, because I'm determined to master my camera!

I had Mikayla pose for a few shots, but most of those ended up blurry due to the shutter speed. The camera automatically adjusts shutter speed when you are in AV mode, but you adjust the f-stop (or aperture setting). On top of that, Mikayla was a very unwilling model today, so I gave up on using her soon into the session.

I scanned the park hoping to find some flowers somewhere to take pics of. We have some hibiscus bushes around the complex, but I didn't see any with flowers in bloom. In desperation, I looked up at a tree that was nearby and decided to take a picture of it. I wasn't really thrilled with the picture, but I also wasn't in the mood to go walking around and hunt down the perfect object for my POTD pic. Besides, I realized by looked at other POTD pics that a lot of the photographers take pics of everyday objects. So, I snapped a few shots of the tree.

I realized only after I got home that the pic I liked best was a little blurry. I did like the blue sky and tweaked the brightness and contrast a little. At first, I found the picture to be quite boring, but after I framed it, I felt a lot better about it. It's certainly not a majestic-looking tree or a pretty tree, but I guess it will do for my POTD.

No comments: