Tuesday, January 13, 2009

~ Twitterpated ~



I still have a few scrapbooking swaps to finish this month, so I went to the scrapbook store this weekend to buy a few sheets of paper.

I wandered around the store, not really seeing anything that jumped out at me. I hate when that happens. But then again, I also hate when there are too many things I want to buy!

The shop owner was at the counter unwrapping some paper packs, so I approached her to inquire about some samples of work that were on display, particularly a layout of some dogs. As we chatted, I got a better look at the different papers she was taking out.

I noticed that one of the sheets had pictures of different woodland creatures; and, some of the images were GLOSSY. The paper was absolutely adorable !!!

My partner in one of the swaps loves owls and woodland creatures, so this paper line was perfect to use to create items for her! I could maybe use some of it alter a composition book or maybe, wrap around a container. I could also maybe do some journaling blocks or title blocks...not sure yet.

I bought one each of five of the different papers -- not bad considering I left the store having spent less than ten bucks. Yes, I would have liked it if the papers were less than $1.29 each, but they were just way too adorable to pass up, and I knew I would be able to use them on projects. I haven't decided for sure what I'll make for my partner, but I can't wait to get started! Now, if I can just find the time ...

1 comment:

Angie Moses said...

Great paper! I love woodland stuff too, and I'm sure your swap partner will be thrilled! Haven't seen ya around 2peas in a bit..guess we've just been in different swaps recently. Just wanted to say hello and leave ya some love.