Saturday, January 3, 2009

Of Love and Pymepowers


Anyone not living under a rock has heard of the Twilight book series -- either the books or the movie that was just released. There are currently four books in the series, with a draft of a fifth published on the web. Apparently, every tween out there along with every other grown woman is reading the series. I'm not one of them.

For Christmas, Mikayla asked for the Twilight book set. I refused, telling her she should just borrow them from the library. I know -- I'm so "CHANG" sometimes!!! I even suggested that we just go to Borders and read the books there. *GASP!!!* Yes, I actually said that !!!

Lucky for her, Uncle Joseph came to the rescue! At our holiday party last Sunday, one of my good friends, Joe, happened to mention that he had read the first three books and was on the fourth. He graciously offered to let us borrow the books so we could read them and not have to buy a set. YAYYYYY !!!!



Mikayla started reading the first book that night. It's 1:17 a.m. Saturday morning, and she has about a hundred pages left to read in the second book in the series! I can't believe how engrossed she's been with reading them. I'm rather pleased, though! I used to love reading as a child -- still do -- and I'm glad she does as well!

Joe called today and said he'd mail out the fourth book to us tomorrow since he's already back on the Big Island. At this rate though, Mikayla will be done with all four before she's done with her school break!

I'm not sure if I will read the books myself. I'm curious about them, and they do seem to be easy reads. Still, I have other books on my reading list that I'd like to get through first.

Joe said the books are more like love stories. Hmmmmm.... interesting. A love story involving vampires -- or, as Mikayla used to say when she was little "PYMEPOWERS". LOL!!!

I remember when she was around 5 or 6 years old. There was a movie called "The Littlest Vampire". She couldn't say "vampire" though. She would pronounce it as "pymepower", and I still remember that. I thought it was so cute!

Well, Joe said we could hold on to the books afterwards, so I could read them, too. Looks like I'm adding "Twilight" to my reading list for '09!

No comments: