Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Zero to Sixty in Three Seconds

It's been a week since my last post. Things have gone from zero to sixty in three seconds. I got a ton of calls from clients at work, which is a good thing! I put it in a lot of hours working on paperwork and trying to get files ready for submission. I was simply overwhelmed. By the time Friday came, I was EXHAUSTED! That evening, I told Mikayla that I was going to take a ten-minute catnap, but instead, I ended up sleeping for about 4 hours. I just really needed to recharge my batteries!

I am still trying to get caught up at work this week. Hopefully, that will happen in the next day or two. From then on, I plan to do cold calls and work on flyers to drump up more business. Got to make hay while the sun shines!!!

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to play with my camera, and I am worried that I will fall behind with the lessons. But, work must be my priority now as it pays the bills.

I've been perusing a photography forum, and I find myself excited at the thought of experimenting with photography once again. I'm particularly interested in playing with textures. Hopefully, soon ... !!!

I've even been toying with the idea of doing something on the side that involves photography. I'm not exactly sure what yet. I don't think I want to get into shooting weddings. I think I enjoy the pp (post production) part of it more. Hmmm...some sort of graphics designer maybe ??? I don't know. That just seems a little out of character for me in that I never enjoyed ART. Yet, I find myself fascinated by the rules of graphic design -- knowing what makes things look more pleasing to the eye.

Anywho, I hope to get out this weekend and take some pictures. So much for Project 365 (POTD). Well, I knew it was a bit unrealistic for me to think I would take a picture every single day. My goal is to at least take pictures more often -- perhaps weekly. That would make me happy!

I completed the 10-day Navy Seal pushup program. YAYYY !!! No matter how tired I was, I forced myself to do my pushups. Around the 8th day, my right wrist started to ache really bad. It was tolerable, but I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to do my 100 pushups a day.

Thankfully, I was able to finish out the program. I think I need to just be sure to do some stretches in the future. On day 11, my plan was to completely rest my body. However, Mikayla and I were just too curious!

I had to know many pushups I could do at that point. So, with Mikayla's urging, I got on the floor and did FIFTY-ONE pushups without stopping. I was really pleased as I am sure there was no way I would have been able to do that many before I started the program.

Next time, I'll remember to do an assessment of my pushups BEFORE I start the program, though! DOH !! ~LOL~ Would have been nice to have known how much I could do back then.

No comments: